PlexyDesk Technology Overview
Welcome to *Plexydesk*
PlexyDesk is a modular Desktop extension fully powered by Nokia Qt Framework.
PlexyDesk lets you customize your Desktop with QML and it's C++ API.
Apart from this, PlexyDesk also lets you make theme packs (Skins) for your desktop using QML and share it with everyone
PlexyDesk Currently supports the following features:
- Change your desktop wallpaper by dragging and dropping any image you like from your file manager
- Fully supports Qt QML
- Provides support for Qt/3D
- PlexyDesk widgets can be programmed with shader programs (GLSL).
- API for writing data models, and C++ widget plugins
- Dbus api for changing the wallpaper on Linux
- Various Utility widgets (like a Clock, File browser, and Photo Frame).
PlexyDesk Depends on Qt4.7 or above and we currently use the following Qt Modules:
- QtCore - for File system access and plugin API
- QtGUI - we mostly use QGraphicsView
- QtOpenGL - to run plexydesk in hardware accelerated mode
- QtNetwork - for network access and data plugins
- QtSVG - for C++ widgets
- QtDeclarative - For QML support
- QtWebkit - to run Apple Widgets on Mac
- QtXML and QtXmlPatterns - for XML processing
- QtTest - for Test cases
- QtDBus - for interprocess communication needs
PlexyDesk binary release and the source code can be obtained from our Download page
Thank you for showing interest in our project.
We hope you would enjoy using plexydesk, as much as we do developing it.
- Not showing up in apps
49 weeks 4 hours ago
PlexyDesk Home is proudly protected by AntiSpam, 121 spams caught since 23 June, 2011